Mahendra Singh Dhoni is one of the most popular and the best Indian Cricketer born on 7th July 191. He is the person who leads the Indian team to achieve the second World Cup for India in 2011. On 23rd December 2004, he stared his debut ODI career against Bangladesh and also the Indian Team Captain from 2007 to 2016. His Test career debut started on December 2nd, 2005 against the Sri Lankan team and played from 2008 to 2014. He is referred to as a “Finisher” within the limited over game with his aggressive playing style.
M.S. Dhoni is another most successful and efficient Indian captain for holding numerous records & awards during his captaincy. In 2009 under this captaincy, the Indian Team is named No.1 Test Cricket Team. He led the team to achieve the ICC Champions Trophy (2013) and ICC World Twenty20 (2007). Dhoni had also achieved various awards in the Indian Premier League (IPL) format under the team CSK (Chennai Super Kings). CSK Team had also won the IPL Cup twice consecutively in 2010 & 2011.
Full Name or Birth Name – Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Nickname(s) – Captain Cool, Mahi, MS, MSD
Date of Birth or Birthday – 7th July 1981
Age – 39 (as on 2020)
Birthplace – India (Jharkhand, Bihar)
Hometown – India (Jharkhand, Bihar)
Profession – Wicket-keeper (Cricketer)
Zodiac Sign or Sun Sign – Cancer
Religion – Hinduism
Nationality – Indian
Schooling – Jharkhand, Ranchi (DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali)
University or College – Jharkhand, Ranchi (St. Xaviers College)
Educational Qualification – College Dropout
Food Habit – Non-Vegetarian
Hobbies – Swimming, Tennis, Playing Football, and Biking
Height – 5’9” (175 cm)
Weight – 75 kg (165 lbs)
Hair Color – Black
Eye Color – Dark Brown
International Debut – December 23rd, 2014 against Bangladesh (Chittagong)
Test Debut – December 2nd, 2005 against Sri Lanka (Chennai)
T20 Debut – December 1st, 2006 against South Africa (Johannesburg)
Achievements – 2001: Spirit of Cricket (ICC Award), 2011: Indian of the Year in Sports (IBN Award), 2009 & 2008: ODI Player of the Year (ICC Award), 2006: Youth Icon of the Year (MTV Award)
National Awards – 2018: Padma Bhushan, 2009: Padma Sri, 2007: Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna
Favorite Shots – Paddlesweep and Helicopter
MS Dhoni Family Members
Father Name – Pan Singh (Junior Management Position in MECON)
Mother Name – Devki Devi
Siblings – Elder Brother: Narendra Singh Dhoni (Politician) & Elder Sister: Jayanti Gupta
Marital Status – Married
Spouse or Wife Name – Sakshi Dhoni
Children – Ziva (Daughter)
Sons – None
Girlfriends or Affairs – Sakshi Dhoni (Sakshi Singh Rawat), Lakshmi Rai (South Indian Actress), & Priyanka Jha (Died in 2002)
Mahendra Singh Dhoni was born on 7th July 1981 in Bihar (Ranchi) and identifies from the Hindu Rajput community. Lwali, the paternal village of Dhoni is located in Uttarakhand (Almore District & Lamgara Block). His parents migrated to Ranchi from Uttarakhand when his father got a job in MECON Company as a Junior Management Position. His father’s name is Pan Singh and his mother’s name is Devki Devi.
M.S. Dhoni started his schooling in Jharkhand, Ranchi (DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali). He is skilled in football and badminton games and also got selected at the club level and district level in these sports.
During 2002, M.S. Dhoni had a relationship with Priyanka Jha as per the report. However, it is a short-lived affair and the same year she met with a car accident. At that time, Dhoni was traveling with our India A-Team and later came to know the incident and also devastated emotionally. However, it took a year to retain his professional career back on track.
Later in 2008, Dhoni met Sakshi Singh Rawar at the Taj Bengal Hotel, while she was working as an Intern. She completed her Hotel Management graduation in Aurangabad (Institute of Hotel Management). Each other knew them from their childhood days since both parents were friends & colleagues working at the MECON Company. They both also attended the same schoolings but Sakshi is 7 years younger than M.S. Dhoni.
MS Dhoni Family Members
Mahendra Singh Dhoni was born on 7th July 1981 in Bihar (Ranchi) and now in Jharkhand and raised from the Hindu Rajput family. Lwali, the paternal village of Dhoni is located in Uttarakhand (Almore District & Lamgara Block). His father’s name is Pan Singh, worked in MECON Company in Junior Management Positions. His mother’s name is Devki Devi, a housewife. Well, they are ms dhoni family.
Dhoni got married on July 4th, 2010 to Sakshi Singh Rawat (DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir schoolmate). This couple got a beautiful girl named Ziva on February 6th, 2015.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (M.S. Dhoni) was identified by the former Indian Team Captain and Cricketer, Sourav Ganguly. Under his captaincy, Dhoni started his One Day International (ODI) debut. Later, he was promoted to No. 3 position by Ganguly in an ODI match against Pakistan. Dhoni played under his captaincy and won the match by scoring 148 runs from 123 balls. This is not an easy task or job to lead any sports, especially the Indian Cricket Team.
However, Mahendra Singh Dhoni had brilliantly captained the entire three-game formats for the Indian Cricket Team. The Indian Team under his captaincy won the first ICC World Twenty20 Cup in 2007 and within a few years, the team becomes the World’s No. 1 Team in Test matches. In 2011, Dhoni gave an ultimate prize to the entire Indian cricket fans by winning the ICC Cricket World Cup, which we had waited for almost years.
Less Known Facts
- S. Dhoni biopic named “M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story” movie was released in 2016 and took ₹40 crores for this biopic from the makers.
- In the same year, Dhoni along with Rhiti Group released the new fashion brand named “Seven”.
- He is also a pet lover and currently has two pet dogs at home: Alsatian named Sam & Labrador named Zarah.
- He is currently running a brand hotel “Mahi Residency” in Ranchi.
- In December 2014 during the Australia tour, after completing the Melbourne Test match he announced his retirement from the Test Cricket game. However, as a captain, he is just 1 test match away to equalize the current record and also the most defeated test matches across abroad.
- In 2012, M.S. Dhoni becomes one of the richest cricketers across the globe and holding the 31st position by the Forbes magazine. Outpacing popular sportspersons like Usain Bolt (World’s fastest man) and Wayne Rooney (Manchester United).
- From his childhood friend, Dhoni started to learn the helicopter shot from Santhosh Lal.
- Dhoni is also referred to as the best finishers across the International Cricket team. He is popularly known to finish the game with a six. In 2011, the ICC World Cup final match against the Sri Lanka team and winning 6 is the most popular sixes in his career.
- Moreover, Dhoni is one of the Indian highest taxpayer sportspeople in the year 2014, 2013, & 2012.
- The Indian Territorial Army honored M.S. Dhoni by providing the Lt. Colonel ranking in 2011.
- Dhoni & Sakshi knew them each other starting from their childhood and fall in love when they met in a hotel. After 3 years of dating, they both got married in 2010 with a low-profile ceremony.
- Dhoni had long hair earlier only for two important reasons. One for lucky and others, he is a fan of John Abraham (Actor).
- He started his ODI debut in Vishakapatnam against Pakistan and scored 148 runs just from 123 balls.
- His ODI debut is not a greater one and got run-out without a run on December 23rd, 2004 against Bangladesh.
- The turning point of his career where India A Team tour of Kenya & Zimbabwe. Dhoni was selected in the team and performed well across the entire series.
- Earlier, he also falls in love with Priyanka Jha but sadly, she met with a car accident in 2002.
- Dhoni’s most popular coaches were Chancal Bhattacharya and Keshav Banerjee.
- In Jamshedpur match during the TRDW (Talent Resource Development Wing), PC Poddar had identified Dhoni’s potential and selected him to play for the Bihar U19 (Under-19) Team. He performed well and within 5 matches, he scored 176 runs.
- He is busy practicing the net sessions and only able to score 65% in his 10th State Board exams.
Favorite Destination(s) – Goa & Sri Lanka
Favorite Color – Black & Blue
Favorite Musician – Kishore Kumar
Favorite Films – Sholay & Agneepath
Favorite Actress – Deepika Padukone & Angelina Jolie
Favorite Actor – John Abraham & Amitabh Bachchan
Favorite Tennis Player – Rafael Nadal
Favorite Football Player – Cristiano Ronaldo
Favorite Food – Rasgullas, Gulab Jamun, Sonpapdi, Yellow Dal, Kebabs, Chicken Tikka Pizza
Favorite Cricket Ground(s) – MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground) & LCG (London, Lord’s Cricket Ground)
Favorite Cricketer(s) – Batsman: Adam Gilchrist & Sachin Tendulkar and Bowlers: Brett Lee & Glenn McGrath
You may also like: Spiderman Facts and major factor that mesmerizes fans