Born in New York on April 14, 1977, Sarah cherished her early career as a filmmaker, also as a child star. She had barely learned to speak when a film agent came to the family in a restaurant to inquire if the four-year-old had decided she was going to act. Shortly thereafter she appeared in her first film, The Made-for-TV Drama An Invasion Of Privacy.
Gellar’s show-business career started when, at the age of four, an agent spotted her. A few weeks later, she started working on a made-for – television film An Invasion of Privacy (1983). Other ventures followed quickly, including the films Over the Brooklyn Bridge (1984) and Funny Farm (1988), the television series Spenser: For Hire in 1986, hostess duties on the TV talk show Girl Talk (1989) and the part of young Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy in the TV mini-series A Woman Named Jackie (1991). She has also starred in the Broadway productions The Widow Claire (1986) and Jake’s Women (1992). Gellar started to draw fans with a part in the teenage soap opera Swans Crossing (1991) and gained more attention as well as the Emmy Award in 1995—for her work (1993–95) in the soap opera All My Children. During those years, she also competed as an ice skater, worked as a model, participated in hundreds of TV advertisements, and practised tae kwon do martial art that she put to good use as Buffy.
In 1996 Gellar played the title role of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (a spin-off of the 1992 film picture of the same name); the television series premiered the following year. By mixing action-adventure elements, supernatural themes, a powerful female lead and a wry humour, the show has become an international success. In no small part, the success was attributed to Gellar. As the slayer — the chosen one destined to fight with a variety of ghosts, witches, werewolves, and the like that threatened the fictional town of Sunnydale, California she depicted Buffy ‘s power and plucky resolve, as well as her adolescent conflicts and weaknesses. After seven seasons, Buffy finished production in 2003.
Though posing as Buffy, Gellar added more films to her list of credits among them the adolescent thrillers I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997) and Scream 2 (1997), the romantic comedy Absolutely Irresistible (1999), and Cruel Intentions (1999), a youthful reworking of Dangerous Liaisons with Gellar as the seductive protagonist. She later starred as Daphne in the movie adaptation (2002) of the television series Scooby-Doo; her costars included Freddie Prinze, Jr., whom she married in 2002. They both reprised their roles in the sequel, Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (2004). Later she starred in the horror movies The Grudge (2004) and its sequel (2006).
Gellar and Prinze had a daughter, Charlotte Grace Prinze, on 19 September 2009 … Gellar took Prinze as her legal last name in 2007, becoming Sarah Michelle Prinze ,although she remained commonly identified as Sarah Michelle Gellar … The Buffy The Vampire Slayer series was based on a 1992 feature film of the same name; Kristy Swanson played Buffy in that film, which also starred Donald Sutherland and Paul Swanson.
- Discovered by a talent agent at the age of 4 while dining in a restaurant.
- Has starred in more than 100 TV advertisements.
- It was a successful figure skater.
- Won an Emmy Daytime 1995 (Outstanding Younger Actress in Daytime Drama) for her work on ABC’s All My Children.
- She had a leading role in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, even though she had only auditioned for a supporting part of Cordelia.
- Costarred with future husband Freddie Prinze Jr. in I Know What You Did Last Summer, and later Scooby-Doo and his sequel Scooby-Doo 2: Unleashed Monsters.
- Her marriage to Freddie Prinze Jr. was guided by director Adam Shankman.
- 2014 People’s Choice Awards — Favorite Actress of the New TV Series: Winner
- 2001, Golden Globe — Best Actress Success in the Television Series — Drama: Candidate
Facts about Sarah Gellar
- Sarah Michelle Gellar is 43 years old
- Born: April 14, 1977
- Birthplace: New York, United States
- Best known as: The star of TV’s Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Sarah Michelle Gellar Career
- Profession: Actress, Producer
- Known For: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Debut TV Series/Movie: An Invasion of Privacy (1983)
- Salary: Under review
- Net Worth: USD $20 million Approx
Family & Relatives
- Father: Arthur Gellar
- Mother: Rosellen Gellar
- Brother(s): None
- Sister(s): None
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband/Boyfriend: Freddie Prinze Jr. (m. 2002)
- Children: 2
- Son(s): Rocky James Prinze
- Daughter(s): Charlotte Grace Prinze
- Jerry O’Connell (1998 – 1999)
- David Boreanaz (1998 – 1999)
Sarah Michelle Gellar Favorites
- Favorite Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis, Tom Cruise
- Favorite Actress: Angelina Jolie, Nicole Kidman, Sandra Bullock, Uma Thurman
- Favorite Food: Sushi, Chicken, Chips, Sushi
- Favorite Color: Red, pink
- Favorite TV Show: Angel, Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Finally, we have come to the end of the article about the famous actor in New York, Sarah Michelle Gellar. She was known for his hard work and dedication towards the Career. There is a saying that the lucky door will not open all time, so it is better to grab the opportunity and enter the door once opened.